From now on, don't you worry about forgetting anything!
We created a pre-event check-list for you that covers all the necessary equipment and takes into consideration backup hardware that you might need. With this article, you will be good to go in no time!
Make sure you have the following:
- TV + remote.
- Laptop/Mini PC + AC adapter.
- Optional but recommended: wireless keyboard and touchpad.
DSLR camera + AC adapter.
Flash + Power cable
USB hub- make sure the hub is powered (can transfer voltage).
- LED ring (if you have one)
- Printer + Power cable
Micro-Fiber cloth (for cleaning the mirror)
Cables & Extras:
- Extra printer media set (paper roll+ink)
- 2 X printer USB cords.
- An extra Hot Shoe adapter and sync cord.
2 X HDMI Cables.
2 X Mini USB cables (for connecting the camera to PC).
At the venue:
- Connect the laptop/PC to the AC adapter and turn it on.
- Connect the touch screen directly to laptop/PC (USB).
- Connect camera directly to laptop/pc (Mini USB cable) and to the AC adapter.
- Connect the TV to laptop/PC (HDMI) and to a power outlet.
- Make sure you are on the right source channel on tv (HDMI 1/2/3…) and can see the PC display.
- Connect the Flash to the camera (Hot shoe and sync cord) and to a power outlet. (Click on the "test" button on the back of the flash to check that it is working)
- Connect the USB hub to the laptop/PC and to a power outlet.
- Connect the printer to a power outlet and turn it on. Load the printer media (paper roll and ink)
- Connect the printer, wireless keyboard USB receiver and LED ring to the USB hub.
After you followed the setup and made sure everything is turned on and connected properly, begin with testing each hardware on its own:
Camera - Make sure your camera is set according to our recommended settings.
Focus the Camera: (You can assist with this tutorial: How to Focus your DSLR camera)
- Disconnect the camera from laptop/pc and move the switch on left side of the lens from MF (manual focus) to AF (auto focus)
- Take one photo of an object/person using the camera’s shot button on the right.
- Switch back to MF and reconnect to laptop/PC.
Flash - Test your preset and make sure the flash fires when the camera takes a photo. If it doesn't, please follow the Flash Troubleshooting Guide
Touchscreen Calibration- It's better to test the touch first and if it's off/needs fine tuning, run a calibration using these instructions:
- Booth purchased after June 2018 (shown as a mouse on the control panel):
Calibrate using the Windows Calibration Tool
- Booth purchase before June 2018 (shown as Multi-Touch on the control panel):
Calibrate using the Multi-Touch Platform
Printer - Make sure your printer is recognized by the laptop/PC.
Open the Control Panel→ Hardware & Sound→ Devices & Printer→ Right click on your printer→ set it as default.
Then, print a test page by Right click on your printer→ Printer properties→ Print Test Page.
Make sure it prints properly from your preset as well.
LED Ring - Make sure your LED ring is connected and pay attention to the COM number (in the Control Panel - Devices and Printers)
It needs to be the same as in LED ring menu under Features tab in the MirrorMeBooth software.
Open the MirrrorMeBooth software - choose the preset for the event and start it. Take notice that all the hardware/software works fine. (We recommend to test your preset more than once)
Should you encounter any issue at an event - contact support:
Write in the email subject "Urgent - Event".
Support line: +1 203 349 9983