Are you ready to text your awesome photos? OK!
There are two different ways to text your photos - by using Twilio service or via Email carrier. In this article, part A will explain about Twilio Method and part B will explain about Email via Carrier Method.
For both methods, you can enable global settings to apply given settings to all presets. Go to the Globals tab > MMS > Check "Enable Global MMS Settings" and fill in the required details per your MMS method (available V10 and up).
1. Purchase a Twilio virtual number via https://www.twilio.com (make sure you're purchasing a number with the MMS option enabled). You can follow this step-by-step tutorial we made:
MMS feature - How to set up your Twilio account
2. In the Features tab > MMS feature > select "MMS Method" - Twilio.
3. Insert the data provided by Twilio:
4. In your Workflow, add an MMS Feature State (make sure to place it after the "Save Final Photo" Feature state):
From Number: Enter the full phone number you’ve purchased from Twilio (including + and international calling code).
Text Message: A short text that will accompany the photo.
Country prefix: Set your international calling code.
Account SID: Enter your Twilio Account SID.
Auth Token: Enter your Twilio Authentication token.
SMS Service PHP: Enter the URL of your PHP server, if you don't have one you can use FotoMaster’s (provided in the preset pack per each preset).
B. Email via Carrier
Allows you to send MMS via Email integration (by supporting carriers).*
1. In the Features tab > MMS feature > select "MMS Method" - Twilio.
2. In "Email Service PHP", enter the URL of your PHP server, if you don't have one you can use FotoMaster’s. You can contact Foto Master support team or check the software's user manual to get the URL.
3. In your Workflow, add an MMS Feature State (make sure to place it after the "Save Final Photo" Feature state):
4. Once the MMS feature screen is presented, select the carrier from the drop down menu and type your phone number.
*Supported carriers: Alltel, AT&T, Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless, Metro PCS, Project Fi, Sprint, T-Mobile, Ting, Tracefone, U.S. Cellular, Verizon, Virgin Mobile, XFinity Mobile.
**If “Auto Collect Phone numbers” is selected, the log’s details will appear in the “email.csv” file and not in “mms.csv”. The queue will also appear in the Email feature section in the Features tab.
Vertical Position: Choose the displayed Vertical position of the MMS Feature from the drop-down menu (you can choose between top, middle, and bottom).
Enable Number Validation: Check this box to prevent users from sending their files to the wrong number by making sure they entered the right amount of figures.
Send Photos, GIF from Photos, Burst GIF, Videos, Video from Photos (if saved): Select the types of digital media you want to include in the MMS sent through the software.
Delete Final Photo when MMS is sent: If this option is selected, final photos will be deleted once the text is sent.
Enable Sending Multiple MMS: Check this box to allow the user to send the text to multiple phone numbers (see instructions below).
Bypass State on Disclaimer Disagree or Skip: If the user disagrees to the disclaimer or press “skip”, the next state in the workflow will be skipped.
Show Disclaimer: The disclaimer, if selected, will appear before sending the MMS.
Show Privacy Checkbox: If selected, a privacy checkbox will be added to the Disclaimer
Collect Phone Numbers: This option allows you to collect the users’ phone numbers while using the Mirror Me Software during your event. You can choose between the “Auto Collect Phone Numbers” option, “Collect Phone Numbers if Allowed by User” option, and the “Do not collect Phone Numbers” option. If you select “Collect Phone Numbers if Allowed by Use”, another checkbox will be added to the disclaimer
If collecting phone numbers option is enabled, an “MMS.csv” files will be created under the event folder listing all the phone numbers entered in the system, and the number of their corresponding media file. If you don't have an internet connection during the event, the software will automatically send the emails once connected to the internet again.
Sending MMS\SMS to multiple numbers (Available in V8 and up):
1. Check the "Enable Sending Multiple MMS" box:
2. Start the preset
3. In the MMS feature screen, type in the first number you'd like to send the MMS\SMS to, and then hit "Add Number". The first MMS will be sent, and the next one will be sent after adding another number and hitting the "Add Number" or "Send" button.
MMS Sharing - this is supported only in the USA and Canada via Twilio, If you are outside of the US/Canada, Twilio supports SMS Sharing which means that the photo will arrive as a link and the photo will be saved on your server, we provide a script which you can put on your server and offer either SMS or MMS via the Mirror Me Software + your server. For more info contact our support. It's important to read the disclaimer about data protection and to make sure that you offer a disclaimer to your customers if you are going to host their photos on your servers.
If you need the Test PHP Server URLs - please contact our support team.