We created a process which enables you to use both 4X6 prints and 2X6 prints in the same Multi presets selection session Multi Presets selection screen session.
Exciting? you bet ya! Let's get to it then,
1. First, make sure that your printer is installed and prints from the control panel.
2. Create another copy of your printer. In this example, we will use DNP DS-RX1 printer:
Go to the Control Panel > Devices and Printers. Click on "Add a printer":
3. Choose "The printer that I want isn't listed":
4. Select A local printer:
5. Select the same port that the printer uses to create a copy of the printer's driver. (Usually USB001)
6. Select the printer's driver:
7. Select "Use the driver that is currently installed":
8. Give it a new name (in this case we labeled it DS-RX1 Strips):
9. Make sure it's not set as default:
10. Right-Click on the printer icon. You'll see now two printer options - one for your default printer, and the new copy you created for your 2x6 printer. Select Printers preferences and click on your new copy (DS-RX1 Strips).
11. Select "Advanced" and Enable the 2inch cut in the Strips printer:
12. Next, we will open the software, and create or select a strips-preset. Then, we will set the printer of this specific preset to be the strips printer.
In our case, the parameters for the photo layout tabs are as follows. It will fit 4x6 (1800*1200px), and our strips-printer will cut it in half so we will have 2x2x6 strips!
The strips will be identical on both sides, as we have enabled the "Duplicate" option for the DSLR photos in the workflow:
13. Finally, open your Mirror Me software, and select the new printer copy you created for your strips preset: Go to the Features tab > Print copies and select the strips printer. Save.
14. Create your multi presets folder (for more information on using the Multi Presets feature, check this article). The Photostips3 preset has our Strips printer copy selected in the Features tab, while the Graduation1 preset has our default (4x6) printer selected.
Now we can add this preset to a multi Preset selection screen alongside 4X6 presets.